August is halfway over which means we’re almost to Hunger Action Month!
Hunger Action Month is a nationwide effort by Feeding America and their partner food banks (ourselves included) to help raise awareness about the issue and to encourage people to take action to help us solve hunger. We’ve put together a variety of fun and interesting ways to do this that you can find on our Hunger Action Month page or our “30 Ways in 30 Days” calendar to take an action step each day of September! Some of the highlights of our month include...
- Special screenings of the documentary, ‘A Place at the Table’ on September 10 and September 22 here at the Food Bank.
- Our Recipe for Change toolkit that encourages you to have a meal with your family and friends and talk about the issue of hunger.
- Go Orange Day on September 5 - wear orange to help raise awareness!
- Host your own food drive and bring the food to the Food Bank.
- Dine out at Inman Park Restaurant Week September 23 - 29 and purchase a raffle ticket that benefits ACFB!
What kind of ways can you think of to take action this September against hunger? Let us know!